M&S Community of Interest
The mission of the Modeling and Simulation Community of Interest is to align M&S with the Department's net-centric guidance and provide a collaborative technical forum to advise an influence the DoD Enterprise.
- Shareable M&S: M&S data, information, information technology (IT) services, tools and standards are made visible and accessible to the DoD Components and Communities enabled by M&S.
- DoD Net-Centric Guidance: M&S is aligned with the Net-Centric Data Strategy and guidance, Net-Centric Services Strategy and guidance, and IT Architecture.
- Collaboration across the Enterprise: M&S COI provides a collaborative technical forum to advise and influence the DoD Enterprise on technical issues involving the M&S data, metadata, and data-related tools and IT services.
- Promote sharing of M&S data, metadata, IT services, & best practices
- Collaborate with other DoD COIs to extend M&S to the DoD Enterprise
- Encourage unfettered access to authoritative M&S data
- Refine & register M&S discovery and structural metadata to enhance M&S asset visibility & accessibility
- Maintain & extend the M&S COI Discovery Metadata Specifications (MSC-DMS)
The M&S COI Includes
- Working groups focused on particular technical problems or domains, including Architecture, Cyber M&S, and Data Management.
- Operational Representation from the Military Services and Combatant Commands
- M&S Developers and End Users
- Data Producers, Data Consumers, and Data Integrators
- Subject matter experts and participants from other DoD COIs, Government, Industry, Academia, and International Partners