Access Requirements for MSE Secure M&S Enterprise Tool Websites
M&S Enterprise Tools Suite, Useful Links
Access to any of the MSE’s secure M&S Enterprise Tool Websites
requires one of the following DoD approved PKI certificates at a medium hardware assurance or high assurance, or equivalent approved certificate policy:
- DoD Common Access Card (CAC): You must select the Personal Identity Verification Authentication (PIV-Auth) certificate, not the email certificate.
- Personal Identity Verification (PIV): At this time PIV access is only available for the following federal agencies: Department of State, Department of Treasury, Department of Justice,
Department of Energy, Department of Homeland Security, and NASA. As support for additional agencies is added, this list will be updated.
NOTE: Per the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), all
Department of Defense (DoD) Information Technology (IT) systems are required to cease accepting the email certificate on a Common Access Card (CAC)
and transition to the Personal Identity Verification Authentication (PIV-Auth) certificate. Those with a CAC issued BEFORE February 24, 2018 should
visit https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service/ to activate their PIV-auth certificate or coordinate with their local ID office.
The MSE’s secure M&S Enterprise Tool websites are available to:
- U.S. DoD/Military employees
- U.S. Government employees
- U.S. DoD or U.S federal government contractors and subcontractors (sponsor approval required)
User registration and authorization is required for each tool website, independent of each other
(i.e., a user may be authorized for one tool, but not another). A central registration
is available to assist users in registering for any tool and provides a single
point from which users can maintain their account profiles.